Language is a crucial part of all cultures worldwide. It allows us to communicate with each other, express human emotions, and tell our life stories. It is never too late to learn a new skill, including a new language. Not only will a new language provide a great advantage for traveling, but there are also many social and health benefits that come along with it.
Learn with us at Lyvebee!
Lyvebee is full of wonderful language teachers, mentors, and tutors that are flexible with your schedule on when you would like to learn. Many of the Lyvebee teachers offer a free first session, such as Ana N. who has over 4+ years of experience specializing in teaching Italian. She’ll be able to help you improve your conversational skills and learn more about the Italian culture. Are you ready for your next trip to Italy?
Social Benefits of Learning a New Language
Deepen your Cultural Connections
- Being bilingual, trilingual, or multi-lingual gives you the opportunity to engage with the world in a more meaningful way, whether it be local in your community or thousands of miles away on a traveling trip.
- With a new language, you’ll be able to appreciate new traditions, religions, arts, and history of the people that speak the foreign language. From being about to communicate with a new diverse set of people, you’ll have greater empathy and acceptance of others that may not have the same thinking as you.
- You’ll have the opportunity to communicate with a wider range of people both professionally and personally, opening the door for more opportunities to learn new cultural perspectives.
- Learning a new language means coming out of your comfort zone, this boosting your confidence in your communication skills and sense of accomplishment.
Health Benefits of Learning a New Language
- Learning a new language includes learning new vocabulary, which can boost your memory capabilities. There have been studies that showed an increase in better working memory for bilingual children as opposed to monolingual children when doing tasks related to processing information over a short period of time.
- Interestingly, speaking a new language allows for better cognitive abilities, whether that be in reading or verbal fluency, and allow you to learn other subjects easier too.
Improved Multitasking abilities
- Science suggests that learning new languages demonstrates an increased capacity for problem-solving and juggling multiple tasks at once.
- It was also studied that since bilingual people are accustomed to switching between different languages, their attention span is heightened due to the practice of filtering bilingual information.