Last revised October 16, 2019
IF YOU ARE SITUATED IN THE EUROPEAN UNION, PLEASE SEE SECTION 15, “ADDITIONAL EU DISCLOSURES,” THAT PERTAINS TO OUR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA, AND TO ADDITIONAL RIGHTS YOU HAVE UNDER APPLICABLE
2. Third Party Sites. This site contains links to other sites. LyveBee is not responsible for the privacy policies of any site that is linked to our website and not wholly owned and controlled by LyveBee, its affiliates and subsidiaries. We aim to work with trusted partners and organizations which are also bound by
4. The Personal Information we collect or maintain may include, but is not limited to: Your name, age, email address, username, password, and other registration information; billing information that you provide us; information about the computer or mobile device you are using, such as what internet browser you use, the kind of computer or mobile device you use, and other information about how you use the Site; and other information you input into the Site or related services.
5. We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes (subject to applicable legal restrictions):
To provide you with the Services to improve the services offered, for instance by performing quality reviews and similar activities; to create De-Identified Information such as aggregate statistics relating to the use of the Service; to notify you when Site updates are available; to market and promote our Site and the Services offered to you through the Site; to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide us Personal Information; or for any other purpose for which you give us authorization. You can “opt out” of receiving direct marketing or market research information by emailing us at support@LyveBee.com.
6. We may also disclose Personal Information as follows:
As required by law, which can include providing information as required by law, regulation, subpoena, court order, legal process or government request. When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or in response to a government request. To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of LyveBee’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information maintained by the Site is among the assets transferred. To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business, to the limited extent necessary to effect the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
7. Information we collect via technology.
actions you take on the Site, such as the content of searches you perform on the Site. We may also collect anonymous information from the computer or other device from which you access the Site, such as your Internet protocol address, browser type, connection speed and access times. Furthermore, certain features of the Site use GPS technology to collect real-time information about the location of your device.
8. De-Identified Information.
We may use De-Identified Information created by us without restriction.
9. Security of Information Collected. We use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information. Specifically, the Site is protected by TLS v1.1_2016 technology, the leading security protocol for data transfer on the Internet. However, since the internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Even though there are many benefits to using this Site, as with all electronic communications there are some risks such as (i) failure of hardware, software and/or internet connections; we are not responsible for failures, distortions, delays, or other problems resulting from equipment configuration, connection, signal power, hardware, software or any equipment used to access the internet; and (ii) no guarantee that the confidentiality or security of electronic transmissions via the internet can be assured due to potentially unsecure computers and links. This could result in your data becoming lost or intercepted during transmission. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information and to use good judgment before
deciding to send information via the internet. Please note that e-mails and other communications you send to us through our Site are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
10. Modification of Information. You can update certain aspects of your personal information through our Site. Requests to modify any information may also be submitted directly to support@LyveBee.com.
11. Report Violations.
You should report any security violations to us by sending an email to support@LyveBee.com.
12. A Special Note About Minors Under 13:
LyveBee does not knowingly allow individuals under the age of 13 to create accounts that allow access to our Site or use the Services. If you are below the age of 13 you are not permitted to use this Site or the Services.
13. Cross Border Transfers. Our website is maintained in the United States. If you are visiting from the regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from those in the United States, please note that you may be transferring your information to the United States and in other countries around the world. You understand that data stored in the United States may be subject to lawful requests by the courts or law enforcement authorities in the United States. If you are situated in the EU, whenever we transfer your personal data to processors outside of the EU, we ensure appropriate and suitable safeguards are used in such transfer. We may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in the EU.
14. California Privacy Laws. If you are a California resident this section applies to you. Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of personally identifiable information, such as
name, email address and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us at support@LyveBee.com. If you do not want your personally identifying information shared with any third party who may use such information for direct marketing purposes, then you may opt out of such disclosures by sending an email to us at support@LyveBee.com.
15. Additional EU Disclosures. If you are situated in the EU and have any complaints regarding our privacy practices as data controller, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to your local Supervisory Authority. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach your Supervisory Authority, so please contact us in the first instance. If you are situated in the EU and have a complaint, please contact our privacy team at support@LyveBee.com.
A. Provision of personal data and failure to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). In this case, we will not be able to provide services to you.
B. Withdrawing your consent
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at support@LyveBee.com
C. Use of your personal data for marketing purposes
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising:
- Promotional offers from us: We may use your personal data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing). You may receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or used our services and have not opted out of receiving that marketing. For the EU, you must opt in in order to receive marketing communications.
- Third-party marketing: We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside our company for marketing purposes.
D. Rights of EU Data Subjects
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your
request to speed up our response. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
17. Contact Us.
1999 South Bascom Avenue
Campbell, CA 95008